A techie's " item song" :-)

 About 2-3 months into Covid and of people working from home, a friend remarked about how she was sick of always seeing her husband with a laptop in his lap and quipped about yanking it away and sitting in his lap. Somehow that image stuck in my head and a Hindi "song" came out of it. We joked that it'd make a great "item song" in a movie with a hero working in the tech industry. 

Who knows...it could still happen...I'm not an eternal optimist for no reason :-))

English transliteration and meaning below the original Hindi version!

तू मुझको लैप टॉप बनादे , अपनी गोद में बिठादे, कभी प्यार का बटन दबादे सय्या सय्या सय्या || 

ना Apple, ना HP, ना Dell  ना Lenovo , मैं तो सबसे  latest model हूँ सय्या सय्या सय्या  || ( तू मुझको )

ना मांगू सोना चांदी ना चाहूँ कोई upgrade, बस करले प्यार मेरा save तू सय्या सय्या   || ( तू मुझको )

मेरे आँखों का screen पढ़ले, कभी chatting मुझसे भी करले, तेरे दिल के camera से मुझको देख सय्या सय्या || ( तू मुझको )

मेरे दिल का storage unlimited मेरा love है uncorrupted, मेरे प्यार का language समझले तू सय्या सय्या || ( तू मुझको )

ना चाहूँ हीरा मोती बस यही चाहूँ की सदा रहे तेरे मेरे बीच WiFi strong सय्या सय्या सय्या || ( तू मुझको )

Tu mujhko laptop banaade, apni godh mein biThade, kabhi pyaar ka button dabaade sayya = make me your laptop, sit me in your lap, press my love button, my dear!

naa Apple naa HP naa Dell naa Lenovo, main tho sable latest model hoon sayya =  neither Apple  nor HP nor Dell nor Lenovo; I'm the latest model of all, my dear!

naa mangoon sona chaandi, na chahoon koyi upgrade, bas karle mera pyaar save tu sayya = I won't ask for gold or silver, nor will I wish for an upgrade, just save my love, my dear!

mere aankhon kaa screen paDhle, kabhi chatting mujhse bhi karle, tere dil ke camera se mujhko dekh sayya = read the screen of my eyes, chat with me too once in a while, look at me with your heart's camera, my dear!

mere dil ka storage unlimited, mera love hai uncorrupted, mere pyaar ka language samajhle tu sayya = my heart has unlimited storage (capacity), my love is uncorrupted, understand the language of my love, my dear!

na chahoon heera moti, bas yahi chahoon ki sada rahe tere mere beech wifi strong sayya = I won't ever ask for diamonds or pearls, I just wish for the WiFi connection between you and me to stay strong, my dear!

Comments

Popular Posts